Website Privacy Notice
The U蓝月亮精选二四六资料 committed to transparency and to complying with its responsibilities under data protection legislation. This privacy notice sets out important information regarding how we will use your information and your rights under the legislation.
The University is required to be transparent as to how it processes personal data. This notice is intended to meet those transparency requirements and to ensure that all website users understand how their data will be used.
Who will process my personal information?
Under data protection legislation the University is the ‘data controller’. This means that the University is responsible for how it uses and processes your personal data and for responding to requests from you in relation to your personal data.
How we use your information
We have set out below: how and why we will use your information; where we obtain your data; how we will use your information; and who it is shared with. For each type of processing we are required to identify our ‘lawful basis for processing’ – see Appendix 1.
This notice covers personal data collected via the University’s website (yl37.cn), e.g. if you submit a query etc. If you engage with the University for other purposes via our website e.g. apply to study, complete a web-form to attend an Open Day etc. you will be provided with a more detailed privacy notice in relation to that process/service. This is to increase transparency and to ensure you understand how your information will be used. Any additional privacy notices supplement this central notice.
If you have any queries regarding the use of your personal data via the website please contact email@example.com.
The University engages a third party to provide an online chat facility. This is used for real-time communication with website visitors. This information is used by the relevant team to provide you with help and advice as required.
Links to other websites
Is my data secure?
Your personal data will be managed securely. Access will be restricted to only those staff who require it and on a ‘need to know’ basis. The University will employ any technical and organisational measures necessary to protect your data. You can find out more about our Information Security policies on our website.
How long will we keep your personal data?
When we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted or anonymised.
You have the right to:
- find out what personal data we process about you and obtain a copy of the data, free of charge within one month of your request. We may make a charge for additional copies of the same information
- ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete data
- withdraw consent to process your personal data at any time, if you were asked for and provided consent (and where no other lawful basis for processing applies).
If you think we are acting unfairly or unlawfully you can:
- object to the way we are using your data; and
- complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
Under certain conditions you also have the right to ask us to:
- restrict the use of your data e.g. if you have raised issues about the accuracy or use of your personal data, until we have investigated and responded to your concerns
- erase your information or tell us to stop using it to make decisions about you; and
- comply with your wishes where you have previously agreed to us processing your data for a particular purpose and have withdrawn your consent to further processing
Please contact us if you wish to exercise/enquire about any of these rights.
Data Protection Officer
University of Strathclyde
Information Governance Unit
16 Richmond Street
Phone: 0141 548 3217
To find out more about data protection and your rights please see
- Information Commissioner’s Office website: http://www.ico.org.uk
- University’s Data Protection webpages http://yl37.cn/dataprotection/
Category of processing
Lawful basis for personal data
Lawful basis for special category data (if applicable)
Managing and responding to enquiries from visitors.
Legitimate interests: to provide requested information to an individual
Use of online chat functionality to communicate in real-time with website visitors.
Consent (for marketing purposes)
Use of social media management tool to analyse data and manage content.
Consent (for marketing purposes)